FROM ANALOG TO Z-WAVE
- Z-Wave Plus low-voltage signal / digital signal converter
- 2 0-10 V / digital inputs for security sensor monitoring*
- 1 signal conductor for DS18B20 (temperature) or DHT22 (temperature & humidity) sensors*
- 2 dry contact outputs for garage door openers, button control, lock control, PLC, solid state or mechanical 12/24 V relay control
- Built-in temperature sensor*
- Extremely small form factor for more flexibility at installation
- Powered by 9-30V DC (power supply not included, get accessory here)
- Equipped with the latest Z-Wave security (authenticated S2 and AES-128 signal encryption)
- Z-Wave Plus signal repeater for a stronger mesh network
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your controller needs to support advanced settings and child sensor capability.
HOW IT WORKS
The Fibaro Smart Implant is as powerful as it is tiny. Roughly the size of a quarter, the Smart Implant acts as a low-voltage and digital signal converter for a variety of useful applications. It upgrades your analog devices by making them controllable through your Z-Wave hub. The Smart Implant accepts up to 6 temperature sensors, 1 temp/humidity sensor, 4 analog sensors (2 2-wire and 2 3-wire) and 2 binary sensors.
The built-in temperature sensor can handle temperatures between -67°F and 259°F, making it perfect for freezer or boiler room applications. Connect a waterproof DS18B20 probe to the Smart Implant for accurate water temp monitoring (your pet fish will thank you!).
Give Z-Wave to your existing IP security camera and have a Z-Wave motion sensor trigger video recording, or use the camera’s motion detection to trigger any Z-Wave scene. Get custom text/email alerts from devices you’ve never been able to monitor remotely before, keeping your home safe and efficient.
The Smart Implant not only acts as a Z-Wave Plus signal repeater to strengthen your Z-Wave network, it also features the latest S2 security protocol and bank-grade AES-128 signal encryption for secure connections.
The Smart Implant may be powered by 9-30V DC ONLY. This unit should NOT be used in 120V installations. Be sure to follow the specifications and diagrams shown in the manual to complete your installation.
Once you’ve verified the connections and powered up the device, you can add it to your Z-Wave network. Put your Z-Wave hub into inclusion mode (refer to your hub’s instructions as each system is different). While your hub is searching for a new device, press the B button on the device 3 times quickly. Or, if you’re using the Smart Implant with a switch connected to IN1 or IN2, toggle the switch 3 times quickly. The LED on the device will begin blinking yellow. Your hub should confirm that the device has been successfully included.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
Power: 9-30V DC
- 2 x 0-10V or digital inputs
- 1 single wire input for DS18B20 or DHT22 type sensors only
Max Load on Outputs: 150 mA (30 V DC / 20V AC)
Operating temperature: 32° – 104°F
Dimensions: 1.14" x 0.71" x 0.51"
Range: up to 130 ft indoors
Installation: Indoor only
Download the Operating Manual for the FIBARO Z-Wave Plus Smart Implant FGBS-222 (PDF)