NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. You need a security enabled controller to take full advantage of the product.
We may have this product available in open box, refurbished, or used condition - just check the variant buttons under the product price for availability. All of our recycled inventory has been tested for both manual and Z-Wave control and is fully functional at the time of shipment. Here is what you can expect when ordering your device:
This product is available in different Z-Wave frequencies so please make sure you choose the correct region before checking out. You need to select the same frequency / region as your hub when buying Z-Wave devices for them to include to your system. If you're not sure which frequency your hub operates on, please contact your solution provider first. Here is what each option stands for:
The Zooz XS Sensor allows you to protect your home discreetly without breaking the bank. When connected to your Z-Wave hub, it will tell you exactly if and when a door or window has been opened.
Attach it to a kitchen cabinet to make sure it's not accessed when it's not supposed to be. Put it on a drawer to safeguard your valuables. Receive instant text/email notifications on your smart phone or laptop so that you’re always kept in the loop, no matter where you are.
Use the sensor to speak to other Z-Wave security devices, like triggering a Z-Wave alarm siren when the backdoor is opened unexpectedly. With features like low-battery alerts and 700 series Z-Wave chip for faster and safer connectivity, the XS Open | Close Sensor is as dependable as it gets.
To add the XS Open | Close Sensor to your Z-Wave network:
1. Use a small flat screwdriver to gently open the sensor’s cover and access the battery. Pull the tab from under the battery to activate the sensor. Don’t close the cover just yet. The LED indicator will start blinking for around 10 seconds once the
sensor is powered.
2. Bring the sensor to the location where you plan to mount it at.
3. Put your Z-Wave gateway controller into inclusion/pairing mode.
4. Scan the QR code or enter the PIN code located on the back of the battery cover if your hub supports SmartStart S2 inclusion.
5. Click the Z-Wave button on the sensor 3 TIMES QUICKLY. The LED indicator will flash quickly.
6. A new open/close (door/window) sensor will appear on your controller’s device list.
After successfully including the sensor into your Z-Wave network, use the supplied adhesive tape to mount it so that the sensor is fixed to the moving part and the magnet is fixed to the window / door frame.
If installing the sensor outdoors, please make sure to insert the sensor to the waterproof case (sold separately) and mount the case using the supplied mounting screws.
NOTE: Make sure the orientation marks are facing each other, and the gap between sensor and magnet does NOT exceed 0.25” when the device is in the closed position.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.