Quick & Precise
- Instant motion detection that just works
- Perfect for security monitoring and light automation
- CHECK HUB COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING (DOESN'T WORK WITH WINK OR ALARM PANELS)
- The most flexible and dependable magnetic base
- Battery or USB powered (cable sold separately) >> use it as signal repeater when on USB (click here for instructions)
- 8 levels of motion sensitivity to choose from
- Smart LED indicator >> use it as range test tool or turn it off completely straight from the device
- New S2 security protocol and AES-128 bank-grade encryption
- Comes with the 500 Z-Wave chip offering more range and longer battery life
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. You need a security enabled controller to take full advantage of the product (including an S2 hub to benefit from S2 features).
HOW IT WORKS
The new Zooz Motion Sensor is what happens when user feedback meets the latest advancements in Z-Wave technology. Not only is it a razor-sharp motion detector, it comes with a variety of new and time-tested features for ultimate convenience and reliability.
For starters, AES signal encryption is now paired with the brand new S2 security protocol for advanced protection. The device can be powered by both battery and micro USB (as an added bonus, the sensor acts as a signal repeater when connected to USB!). Its visual range test tool, auto-inclusion option, and flexible magnetic mount make it super easy to add to your Z-Wave hub and very quick to install.
Once included, use it in a variety of scenes and rules that could benefit from a precise motion sensor. Trigger a Z-Wave alarm if motion is detected unexpectedly in your home. Use movement to activate lights and thermostats instantly, and save a bunch on your energy bills in the process. If you’re a pet-owner, no worries! Choose from a spectrum of 8 sensitivities to create the perfect Z-Wave companion for your household.
Before installing your Motion Sensor in its final location, you’ll need to add it to your Z-Wave network.
To auto-include the device, put your Z-Wave hub into inclusion/pairing mode (see your hub’s manual for specifics – every brand is different!). Twist the sensor’s cover counter-clockwise to open it and access the battery. Remove the plastic battery tab from the battery compartment. This will activate the battery and put the device into inclusion mode. A new motion sensor should appear on your hub’s device list within 30 seconds.
To include the device manually, make sure the battery is inserted correctly and put the hub into inclusion/pairing mode. Press and release the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly (the button is next to the battery compartment). Once included successfully, a new motion sensor will appear on your hub’s device list.
You can use the included screw or adhesive tape to secure the magnetic base to any clean, dry, and flat surface. We find that it’s best to mount the device within 20 feet of a door (or your target area) and around 7 feet from the ground. After that, simply attach the sensor to the magnetic base and position it anyway you’d like.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 1 CR123A battery (included) / Micro USB cable and power adapter (NOT INCLUDED)
- Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32° - 104°F
- Weight: 2.0 oz
Installation: Indoor Use Only
Zooz Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor ZSE18 Manual (PDF)