NEW 700 SERIES!
- Full brightness control of your lights, from the physical dimmer and via Z-Wave when added to your smart home hub (sold separately)
- Works with any dimmable LED bulb that accepts triac (forward-phase) dimmers up to 150 W total and with any incandescent bulbs up to 500 W. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LUMINUS, LITHONIA, OR FEIT BULBS.
NEW in 700 series: smaller in the back so it fits easier in shallow or crowded boxes; replace the standard white paddles with almond, brown, or black paddles (sold separately).
NEW 700 chip: the latest S2 security, SmartStart for instant pairing and more Z-Wave coverage than ever!
Direct 3-Way Solution: connects to an existing light switch for 2-point control, no add-on switch necessary! Wires just like the ZEN22 model. Neutral wire required, on/off control only from the secondary switch, use in 4-way installations only if you have direct connection to load and line in one box.
Scene control: multi-tap triggers available on select hubs*
Night Light Mode: press and hold the lower paddle when dimmer is off to turn the light on to low brightness
Double tap to full brightness: now fully adjustable double tap and single tap behavior*
- Fully adjustable ramp rate*
Don't use with fan motors, receptacles, or tube lights!
Stronger signal repeater for a more reliable Z-Wave network
NEW: YOU choose the color and brightness level of the LED indicator*
- Fits a standard-size face plate for single and multi gang installations (face plate not included)
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your hub needs to support advanced parameter input to display these features.
Before beginning the installation process, make sure the load you are about to connect does not exceed 500W for incandescent lights or 150W for DIMMABLE LED. Do NOT use this dimmer to control fans, receptacles, or tube lights.
Check your wiring first and confirm that you have all of the following present in your gang box: load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often green).
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and performing the installation, please consult a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch at features a neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the ZEN72 switch properly without a neutral wire. Neutral is usually in a bundle of white wires NOT connected to your original mechanical switch.
- Unlike your regular electrical switches, Z-Wave switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
- Z-Wave dimmers will work best with incandescent and high-quality DIMMABLE LED bulbs with at least 15 Watts on load.
How to include the 700 Series Dimmer switch to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion mode
3. Tap the UPPER paddle of the switch 3 times very quickly to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new dimmer (or multilevel switch) device will appear on your controller's device list
NOTE: Use a dedicated diagram from the manual to wire the switch in a 3-way setting with a regular electrical switch if you are looking to control one light with 2 switches. This switch may wire differently in 3-way or 4-way installation than your other Zooz switch.
SHOP COLOR PADDLES
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product. NOT SUPPORTED BY VIVINT.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 500W Incandescent, 150W LED
- Range: Up to 200 feet line of sight
- Dimensions: 1.16" deep, 1.75" wide, 4.1" tall
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
Download the Manual for the Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Plus Dimmer ZEN72 (PDF)
More wiring diagrams for 3-way and 4-way set-ups