VERA IS FINALLY OPEN TO AEOTEC GEN5 RECESSED DOOR/WINDOW SENSOR
The new Vera firmware upgrade is here with 4 new features, 20 improvements and too many resolved bugs to count. But are they really all gone? We were especially excited to see the Aeotec recessed door window sensor (ZW089-A) on the checklist as seemingly issue-free. It would be a sign of Vera finally embracing the Gen5 and Z-Wave Plus features. So we got right to testing the Aeotec ZW089-A on both our VeraEdge and VeraLite under the UI7.0.5. The sensor didn’t work immediately but with this quick fix, you’ll be able to fully control the Aeon Labs ZW089-A with your Vera.
Pair the recessed door window sensor with your hub and follow these steps:
Locate the sensor on your dashboard (it will initially show as a generic Z-Wave device) and click on the settings arrow next to it.
- When in Settings, click on Advanced
- Click on the Params tab
- Change the Device type to urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
- Change the Device file to D_DoorSensor1.xml
- Change the Device JSON to D_DoorSensor1.json
- Change category_num to 4
- Change subcategory_num to 1
- Go back to Settings and click on Device Options
- Fill in the boxes as follows - Variable: 121, Data Size: 4 byte dec, and Desired Value: 16.
- Click on Save Changes
- Go to Advance Settings again and click on the Commands tab
- Click on the “Configure node right now” button (you may need to push the inclusion button on the Aeotec sensor to wake it up)
- Go back to Devices and you’ll see the changing configuration status under the sensor icon. Once the messages disappear you’re all done. If you get a failure notification (in red), you will need to resend the “Configure node right now” command. You might have to repeat the process a few times.
mobile app view:
At this point, you’ll see the sensor under an appropriate icon on your dashboard but you still won’t be able to monitor the open/close status of the device in your browser. However, you’ll see the status just fine on your mobile app and the sensor will work in scenes with no problems.
We want to hear about other Vera 7.0.5 hacks so please share in the comments below!
Leave a comment