Advanced Energy-Saving Solution
- Manage and control split AC units and any appliance controlled by infrared technology
- Monitor room temperature remotely with built-in temperature sensor
- Customize your own temperature schedule
- AC IR code library supports hundreds of remote control configurations
- 5 built-in directional IR emitters for improved connection and range
- Programmable power level allows you to avoid saturation of IR receivers (via external IR emitter)
- Two modes: FLiRS mode when working on battery; Always Listening mode when working on AC power
- Compact size, modern design
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
With the Remotec IR Z-Wave Extender, keep constant tabs on one of the most costly appliances in your home - your air conditioning. What’s more, by translating Z-Wave signal into infrared signal, this extender can connect to any device that uses infrared technology (i.e. controlled by remote). While connected to your Z-Wave gateway controller and with the extender within range of your IR-controlled AC unit, easily manage your home’s cooling system from any mobile device.
A built-in sensor allows you to monitor room temperature. Even set custom schedules designed around your life. With two modes created to save energy consumption, consider this an efficient, cost-effective energy solution that will take your smart home to the next level.
Setting up your Remotec IR Extender is as easy as including it to your Z-Wave network and mounting it in the spot of your choice.
- If choosing Always Listening mode, plug in the 5Vdc power into the USB socket
- If in FLiRS mode, insert the 3 AAA batteries
Be sure to place the Extender within direct range of your AC unit or another IR-controlled device, as it works like an advanced remote control. To add the device to your Z-Wave gateway controller:
- Switch your Z-Wave controller into inclusion/pairing mode
- Press and release the PROG button ONCE. The LED should flash once and then stay off.
- The Extender will appear on your controller’s device list.
- To disconnect it from your Z-Wave network, simply repeat the steps above but with your Z-Wave controller in exclusion/unpairing mode.
To mount the Extender, choose a place within range of your AC unit (or IR-controlled appliance). Make sure the surface is flat and sturdy. With two screws, affix the bracket to the flat surface. After securing the device to the wall, connect the USB power or batteries and IR emitter cable to the Extender.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: USB mini-B or 3xAAA batteries
- Wireless Range: Up to 82 feet (line of sight)
- Operating Temperature:
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor use only
- Dimensions: Extender: 2.75in (diameter) x 0.7in (thickness) / Battery box: 2.75in (diameter) x 0.61in (thickness)
- Weight: 4.5 oz
Download Manual for the Remotec IR Z-Wave Extender ZXT-120US
Download Code List for Remotec IR Z-Wave Extender ZXT-120US