Valve Control Made Easy
- Safe manual and wireless control of your water or gas valve
- Built-in Z-Wave signal repeater for long range and reliable connection
- Improved 500 chip for enhanced wireless communication
- 2 alternative mounting brackets for easier installation
- Adjustable rocker arm accommodates most standard types of valve handles
- Range of 100 feet (line of sight)
- Low energy consumption (12V/1A)
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Imagine having the gas and water valves at your fingertips, no matter where you are. Whether it’s an emergency or just for general safety and convenience, the Z-Wave Plus Valve Control offers an easy approach to smart home solutions. When connected to your Z-Wave gateway controller, you can wirelessly and manually control your gas or water valves from any mobile device.
There’s even potential for advanced home automation, which means more protection. Link up this Valve Control with other Z-Wave devices, like a flood sensor, and the valve will automatically close when water is detected. The built-in Z-Wave signal repeater extends and strengthens the range of your Z-Wave network, ensuring fast and reliable connections.
Be sure to first connect the Valve Control to your Z-Wave network:
- Within a few feet of your Z-Wave gateway controller, plug the Valve Control into a standard outlet
- Put your Z-Wave controller into inclusion/pairing mode
- On the Valve Control, press the red power button THREE times quickly
- The device will appear on your controller’s device list
- To remove the Valve Control from the network, simply follow the steps above but with your Z-Wave controller in exclusion/unpairing mode
Before mounting the Valve Control, take note of the placement:
- The device needs at least 1-inch of space from the wall
- To open and close manually, the gas and water valve must be easily accessible
Mount the Valve Control on your valve of choice:
- Put the valve control in an open position.
- Open the clamp with a Phillips-head (“crosshead”) screwdriver.
- Position and tighten the mounting bracket so that the control's shaft and valve stem are aligned coaxially.
- Install the adjustable rocker arm over the valve handle. With a hex key, make sure the handle is fixed firmly under the rocker arm.
- Install and tighten the clamp securely around the pipe next to the valve.
NOTE: Make sure the outer shaft is placed directly over the valve handle screw so both elements are aligned in a straight line. The rocker arm and valve handle need to remain at the exactly same angle during open / close activity.
Test your new Z-Wave Plus Valve Control:
- Connect to the power supply
- To close the valve, press and release the red power button ONCE
- To open the valve, press and release it again
- To open or close the valve manually, pull and hold the clutch down while simultaneously turning the rocker arm to the side
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
Installation: Indoor only
Weight: 1lb 13oz
Zooz Z-Wave Plus Valve Control ZAC03 Manual (PDF)