Smart Affordable Dimmer
New Version Arriving on 8/30/2017
- Manual and wireless control from your smart phone or computer (when synced with a Z-Wave gateway controller)
- Compatible with most high-quality DIMMABLE LED, CFL, and incandescent bulbs - minimum 20 Watts on load and neutral wire required
- Based on universal command classes - supported by most Z-Wave gateway controllers
- Modern design with screwless snap-on wall plate included
- Capable of advanced automation and association with other Z-Wave devices — schedule custom scenes and events
- Upgraded Z-Wave Plus 500 series chip for stronger and faster wireless connectivity
- Single pole installation only - Contact us if you are looking for a 3-way solution (does NOT work with GE/Jasco add-ons)
- Built-in signal repeater for a more reliable Z-Wave network
- Blue LED indicator to help locate the switch in the dark
- UL-listed and Z-Wave Plus certified
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Imagine setting the perfect lighting for movie night without leaving the sofa, and using your smart phone to remotely control the lights throughout your home. The ZEN22 Dimmer Switch gives you all that and more — simply replace your current dimmer switch with the ZEN22 and include it into your Z-Wave network. Depending on your controller, you can also associate the switch with other Z-Wave devices for advanced home automation.
Create a lighting schedule designed around your life — program the lights to dim in the baby’s room in the evening, or have the brightness adjust as soon as you enter a room. With an upgraded 500 series chip and built-in signal repeater, you can always count on strong, fast connectivity. For easy manual control, it features a touch paddle switch that allows you turn the lights on or off, or return to your optimal lighting level.
Before beginning the installation process, make sure the load you are about to connect does not exceed 600W for incandescent lights or 150W for DIMMABLE CFL or LED. Check your wiring first and confirm that you have all of the following present in your gang box: load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often green).
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and performing the installation, please consult a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch at features a neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the ZEN22 switch properly without a neutral wire.
- Unlike your regular electric switches, Z-Wave switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
- Z-Wave dimmers will work best with incandescent and high-quality DIMMABLE LED bulbs with at least 15 Watts on load.
How to include the Z-Wave Plus Dimmer switch to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion mode
3. Tap the dimmer switch on and off quickly 3 times to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new dimmer (or multilevel switch) device will appear on your controller's device list
NOTE: DO NOT wire this switch in a 3-way setting with regular electrical switches. If you are looking to control one light with 2 or 3 switches, please contact us for installation instructions.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 500W Single-gang, 400W Double-gang, 300W Triple-gang Incandescent, 150W CFL or LED
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
Download the Manual for Zooz Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch ZEN22 (PDF)