- The first Z-Wave radio USB stick with S2 security protocol
- Supports SmartStart, the easiest and quickest way to pair Z-Wave devices
- Requires a dedicated computer and home automation software with mobile interface to turn into a powerful Z-Wave gateway hub
- Use it with any OTA firmware update software to instantly upgrade your devices, including the HomeSeer and Aeotec tools
- Uses the latest Z-Wave library commands from SDK: 6.81.02
- No drivers necessary for Windows, MAC, or Linux.
- Up to 500 feet of range in open space and 130 feet indoors (depending on building construction and other factors)
NOTE: You'll need a dedicated PC/laptop and Z-Wave home automation software (sold separately) to install this product.
HOW IT WORKS
Build your smart home on solid foundations with a mix of hardware and software that keeps you in control. Attached to your PC or laptop, this S2 Stick is the hardware part of your home automation system; it’s the result of Z-Wave’s latest advancements.
It’s the first USB stick to feature the brand new S2 security protocol. It uses SmartStart technology for seamless out-of-the-box integration; no drivers are needed and it’s compatible with Windows, Linux, and MAC OS systems.
Its 500 series Z-Wave Plus chip gives you longer range and faster command processing. And if you have a Z-Wave system already in place, use this S2 Stick as a secondary controller for more flexible automation (your software has to accept additional controllers to take advantage of this feature).
Remember that this is a hardware piece only. It does not include home automation software so you will have to install install open-source or paid software on your computer and mobile device to use this product as a complete Z-Wave gateway.
Start by connecting the S2 Stick to a USB port on your PC, laptop, or Raspberry Pi. Use it with your choice of open source home automation software like Home Assistant, OpenHAB, or HomeSeer. Refer to the manual for extra set up details, as the installation process for Windows, Linux, and MAC OS systems is different for each.
Home automation software is required to control and configure your Z-Wave network. Z-Wave product compatibility will depend on the software you choose so we recommend installing an open and proven smart home system to go with your S2 Stick for best results.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz
Power: 4.75-5.25 VDC
Wireless Range: Up to 500 feet in open space, up to 130 feet indoors
Operating Temperature: 14-104° F
Installation and Use: Indoor only
Dimensions: 3.5" x 1" x 0.4"
Zooz USB Z-Wave Plus S2 Stick ZST10 User Manual (PDF)