Slim & Smart open/close sensor
- Provides open/closed status of your doors and windows
- Easy, versatile installation (screws or adhesive backing, both included)
- Operation gap of up to 1/2 inch
- Tamper alert
- One-year battery life with average use
- Low battery alert
- 2 year warranty
HOW IT WORKS
The Z-Wave Magnetic Door and Window sensor lets you know the status of your doors, windows, or other open/close objects. Associate the sensor with up to 5 other Z-Wave devices. You can do a variety of things once an alert is triggered: activate other events in your Z-Wave smart home, trigger an alarm, turn on lights, or change a thermostat setting.
The device consists of two parts: the sensor (mounted on the frame of your door or window) and the magnet (mounted on the door or window). When the two parts separate, an alert is sent to your Z-Wave controller (sold separately).
Add the sensor to your Z-Wave network before installation and use. To add the device:
- Install the CR2 battery (included)
- Make sure your Z-Wave controller is in inclusion mode
- Press and release the back button on the sensor. The LED light on the sensor will turn solid for 10 seconds, then turn off, indicating that the inclusion process is complete
- If the LED light doesn’t come on and operation times out, repeat the adding process. For more troubleshooting options, read our article on pairing tricks.
Next, mount the sensor to the nonmoving part of the door or window (the frame). Attach the magnet to the moving part of the window or door. Note that the sensor and the magnet should be no more than 1/2 inch apart.
Ideally, the sensor should be attached to a wooden frame because metal surfaces may cause signal interference.
For more details, please refer to the instruction manual included with your Z-Wave Magnetic Door and Window Sensor.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: one CR2 battery
- Wireless Range: up to 100 feet
- Operating Temperature: 32°-104°F (0°-40°C)
- Installation: Indoor
- Dimensions: 2.02 x 1.71 x 0.62 in
- Weight: 3oz
Download Z-Wave Door Window Sensor Manual (PDF)