Discreet Home Protection
- Monitor the status of doors and window via mobile device (when included to your Z-Wave network)
- Receive instant text/email alerts and notifications
- White and brown covers included
- Powered by energy-efficient CR2 lithium battery
- Extra strong magnet for reliable reports
- Updated 500 series chip for faster, stronger connectivity
- Automated tamper protection
- AES communication encryption (bank-grade security)
- Modern, discreet design
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. You need a security enabled controller to take full advantage of the product.
HOW IT WORKS
Here is a security measure so small and sleek only you’ll know it’s there. This Vision Recessed Door/Window Sensor is the perfect way to strengthen your security system and protect some of your home’s most vulnerable entrances — your doors and windows. Once connected to your Z-Wave gateway controller, know which doors and windows are open or closed at any given time through your mobile device. Receive instant text/email alerts of unexpected activity whether you’re at work or thousands of miles away. And depending on your brand of controller, you can even keep time logs of past activity.
Create personalized events for added security, convenience, and energy-efficiency: trigger a Z-Wave siren if a door is opened unexpectedly. Automatically turn off the AC when you open a window. Powered by a long-lasting CR2 lithium battery, this door/window sensor will fit seamlessly with your home, security system, and daily routine.
With a flat head screw driver, lift the lid of the sensor carefully, and take the circuit board out to install the CR2 lithium battery. Insert the circuit board back to the cover, making sure it fits right between the rails. It’s important not to treat the circuit board forcefully as it’s very fragile.
Include the sensor into your Z-Wave network before mounting it:
1. Put your Z-Wave gateway controller into inclusion/pairing mode.
2. Bring the sensor within 3 feet of the controller.
3. After pressing the Program Switch on your sensor for 1 second, the new device should appear on your controller’s device list.
To exclude the sensor from your network, follow the same steps above but with your gateway controller in exclusion/unpairing mode.
Mounting the sensor
Choose a location on the door or window frame. You’ll need to drill two small holes into the frame — one for the magnet, another for the sensor — so use a pencil or marker to ensure that they’re directly across from each other.
With an 11/16” drill bit, slowly drill the first hole for the magnet. Don’t worry if the hole seems too small; the magnet and sensor are designed to be a little larger than an 11/16” to ensure a tight fit.
Drill the second hole for the sensor. With the standard flush mount cap, insert the sensor. Or you can use the flange cap with the included screws to mount the sensor to the frame.
For detailed instructions on more advanced functions, please refer to your user manual.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: CR2 Lithium Battery
- Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet (30m) line of sight
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
- Operating Temperature: 5ºF - 140ºF (-15ºC - 60ºC)
- Dimensions: 3/4” x 2 1/2” magnet: 3/4” x 1/2”
- Weight: 3oz
Download the manual for Vision Z-Wave Plus Recessed Door Window Sensor ZD2105US-5 (PDF)