Instant Wireless Control
- Turn floor lamps & small appliances on and off remotely (do NOT use with transformers)
- Check energy use in live mode or over time*
- Associate with other devices for custom automation
- Charge your smart phone or tablet at one of the 2 USB ports (no Z-Wave functionality)
- Restores original status after power failure
- Customize the LED indicator and other features with advanced settings*
- AES signal encryption
- Acts as signal repeater, also to secure devices such as door locks
- Overload protection
- Supports over-the-air firmware updates
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your Z-Wave gateway needs to support advanced configuration to enable these features.
How It Works
The Hank Smart Plug offers all the joys of Z-Wave without the complicated installation process. Give your existing lamps and small appliances near-instant wireless control by simply connecting them to the Smart Plug. Once paired with your Z-Wave gateway controller, wirelessly turn your connected Z-Wave devices on or off through your smart phone or computer.
Easily monitor your devices’ power consumption in live mode or over time. Power-up three devices at a time using the two USB outputs and single AC output. The Hank Smart Plug can even be associated with up to 5 other Z-Wave devices to create personalized scenes and events. And for optimal convenience, enjoy the ability to control specific parameters, device thresholds, and frequency of notifications.
Equipped with the latest Z-Wave Plus updates and a built-in signal repeater, the Smart Plug is designed for super-fast connectivity while strengthening your overall network.
After inserting the Smart Plug into a power outlet, you’ll need to include it into your Z-Wave network. This can be done automatically or manually. If your Z-Wave controller is security enabled, you may also add the device in secure mode (using encrypted messages to communicate within your Z-Wave network) or non-secure mode (the default). Please refer to the operating manual for installation instructions for your specific setup.
To manually include the Smart Plug to a non-secure Z-Wave network:
1. Insert the Smart Plug into a power outlet within direct range of your Z-Wave gateway controller.
2. Put your controller into pairing/inclusion mode. (Please see your controller’s user manual for details.)
3. Press the Z-button THREE times.
4. As soon as the Smart Plug is successfully included, it will appear on your Z-Wave controller’s device list.
Next, choose one of your small appliances to connect to the Smart Plug. Be sure the load does not exceed 1800W (for resistive load).
5. Connect the device to the Smart Plug, and turn it on. You can do so manually by pressing the Z-button on the Smart Plug (the LED indicator will switch on when the Plug is turned on).
6. Enjoy wireless on/off control of your newly connected Z-Wave device.
For details on association and advanced configurations, please refer to your user manual.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
Power: 110V, 60Hz
Maximum Load: 15A, 1800W
- USB Charging Port Power: 1A and 2.4A
Wireless Range: Up to 130 feet
Operating Temperature: 14° - 104°F (-10°- 40°C)
Installation and Use: Indoor use only
Dimensions: 3.2” x 2.2” 1.1”
Weight: 7 oz.
Download the Hank Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug HKZW-SO01 User Manual (PDF)