Sit back on the couch and adjust brightness in the room from your phone or tablet. Design the perfect lighting scene using the GE Smart Dimmer and a Z-Wave gateway controller. Save your favorite settings and recreate the ambiance anytime with a single click.
- Interchangeable switch: White and Light Almond paddles included in the box (wall plates sold separately)
- Can be controlled in multiple Groups and Scenes
- Works with Vera Control, SmartThings, Nexia, ADT Pulse, Iris, Wink, Staples connect, and Revolv systems
- Turn the connected device on/off and adjust brightness manually or via Z-Wave remote control
- May be used in single pole installation or with up to four add-on switches in 3, 4, 5 or 6-way wiring configurations
- Screw Terminal installation; requires wiring connections for Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground. Traveler wire required for multi-pole installation
- Inline traveler circuit protection
- Blue LED helps to locate the dimmer switch in a dark room
- LED can be enabled/disabled manually
HOW IT WORKS
The smart dimmer makes for a great replacement of your existing light switch. It provides wireless and in-wall light control. The dimming feature sets the right mood and cuts your energy bill, letting your bulbs live longer.
The unit is compatible with any Z-Wave certified gateway.
Once paired with your Z-Wave hub, the device can be managed in groups of multiple lights and controlled within interior lighting scenes. With fully adjustable brightness, you can create an ideal setting for a romantic dinner or one for cooking the perfect meal. Schedule the scenes or set them up from your wireless device on the go. Create a library of custom settings to bring back the ambiance with a single click.
Even if used manually, the switch is easily reachable in the dark thanks to an integrated blue LED indicator.
The GE 12724 Smart Dimmer will work with most dimmable LED, CFL, halogen, and all incandescent bulbs.
GE smart dimmer uses your existing wiring and saves space with its screw terminal installation. It is easy to replace your existing switch with the the Z-Wave unit once you carefully read the manual. So please follow all necessary steps provided in the instructions to avoid unnecessary frustration.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
Make sure the electric wiring in your home includes the neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the smart switch properly without a neutral wire.
Unlike your regular electric switches, Z-Wave smart switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
When used by itself for 2-way control, please make sure that the screw terminal for the traveler wire is insulated (Do Not Remove the tape over are not using the traveler connection).
You will need an auxiliary (add-on) switch for Z-Wave Three-way or Four-way installations.
How do I choose the right installation type?
Two-way wiring (single pole) configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from one location. Three-way wiring configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from two separate locations. Four-way wiring configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from three different locations.
- Part Number: 12724
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Minimum Load: 40W
- Maximum Load: 600W
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module.
- Environmental Conditions: For indoor use only.
- Operating Temperature Range: 32 to 104 degrees F (0 to 40 degrees C)
- Certifications: UL, FCC, IC
GE 12724 Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Dimmer Manual (PDF)
GE 12724 Z-Wave Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PDF)