- REFURBISHED: Pre-tested, some accessories may be missing (battery included but may not be full), may not come in original box
- Classic Z-Wave 300 version
Provides open/closed status of your doors and windows
Reports if tampered with (when the cover is open)
- Auto-inclusion - just pull the battery tab to add the device to your network
Two interchangeable covers included: white and brown
- Easy, versatile installation (screws or adhesive backing, both included)
3-year battery life
3-year Ecolink warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Protect your home and loved ones with a single sensor. This Ecolink Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor is an ideal security device for not only your doors and windows, but any open/close structure that has two moving parts: cabinets, drawers, and safes, for example. Keep the little ones out of the kitchen cabinets; know if your valuables are safe and sound.
When connected to your Z-Wave gateway controller, monitor open/close statuses when you’re away from home. Receive instant text and email notifications if anything has been tampered with or opened unexpectedly. This Ecolink Door Window works simply but reliably: a sensor body is attached to the door or window frame, while a small adjacent magnet is attached to the door or window itself. When the structure is opened, the sensor and magnet are separated, immediately triggering the device. For added security and convenience, pair the sensor with other Z-Wave devices — turn on the welcome lights as soon as the front door is opened in the evening. Activate a Z-Wave siren if your safe’s sensor has been tampered with. This new, updated model is equipped with the latest in Z-Wave Plus innovations. Enjoy stronger connectivity, longer range, and improved battery life.
Add the sensor to your network before installation:
- Make sure your Z-Wave controller is in inclusion mode
- Activate inclusion mode on the sensor by removing the plastic pull tab from the back
- The LED light on the sensor will turn solid, then go out, indicating that the inclusion process is complete
To verify if the sensor was successfully included, just take the battery out for 5 seconds and put it back.
- If the LED light flashes ONCE, the device is successfully connected to your Z-Wave network.
- If the LED indicator keeps flashing steadily and slowly for 5 seconds, you’ll need to repeat the inclusion process
TIP: If something goes wrong and the sensor does not successfully include to your network on the first try, try general exclusion (instructions here) and include it again - to manually enroll the sensor in exclusion / inclusion mode, just take the battery out for 5 seconds and put it back in the sensor.
Having problems including the Ecolink sensor to your Z-Wave network? Let us know - we'll help!
Test the sensor by placing the magnet next to the sensor (line it up using lines/arrow on the sensor) close to your hub. ALWAYS close the battery compartment before testing the sensor for open / close reports.
Attach the sensor to the nonmoving part of the door or window (such as the frame or the door jamb). Attach the magnet to the moving part of the window or door. Note that the sensor has a line and arrow to indicate where the magnet should be located.
For more details, please refer to the instruction manual included with your Ecolink Z-Wave Door and Window Sensor.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 3V Lithium CR123A battery
- Wireless Range: up to 100 feet
- Operating Temperature: 32°-120°F (0°-49°C)
- Installation: Indoor only
Dimensions: 3.2 x 4 x 1.5 in
- Weight: 3.2 oz