NEW Z-WAVE PLUS VERSION!
Ideal home security device
- Set it to ignore small and medium household pets
- Detection radius of 39 feet, 45 degrees in either direction
- Passive infrared (PIR) technology
- Reports if tampered with
- Easy installation
- 3-year Ecolink warranty
- 5-year battery life
HOW IT WORKS
The Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector can keep your home safe while you’re away and will not trigger false alerts when your cat/dog or other pet runs around. This motion detector allows for 2 sensitivity settings (medium and small) to avoid false alerts. Should anything else move though, you’ll receive a text or e-mail alert that will allow you to act quickly.
Long battery life and sleek yet sturdy design will make this motion detector a welcome addition to your Z-Wave home.
Z-Wave gateway required. Sold separately. See compatible systems below.
Installation is easy with mounting hardware or double-sided tape (included).
The sensor must be added to a Z-Wave network before using. To add the device:
- Make sure your Z-Wave controller is in inclusion mode
- Activate inclusion mode on the sensor by inserting the battery. The LED light will turn red for 10 seconds and then go out, indicating that the inclusion process is complete. If the LED light flashes after 10 seconds, repeat the inclusion process
- Having problems with adding the motion sensor to your Z-Wave network? Read our helpful blog entry!
Test the device prior to mounting:
- Place the sensor in an unoccupied room
- Leave the room for at least 4 minutes
- Return to the room and pass in front of the lens of the sensor
- The LED light will flash to indicate movement was detected
Mount the sensor by attaching the bracket to the wall 6.5-7.5 feet above the floor (use either the provided tape or screws). Align the holes on the back of the sensor with the key on the bracket and slide the sensor down until it snaps tight.
For more details, please refer to the instruction manual included with your Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Sensor (scroll down to access PDF).
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 3V lithium CR123A battery
- Wireless Range: up to 100 feet
- Detection Radius: 39 feet
- Operating Temperature: 32° - 120°F (0° - 49°C)
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 3.5 x 2.5 in
- Weight: 4.8 oz
Download the Ecolink Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Detector, Pet Immune PIRZWAVE2.5-ECO Manual (PDF)