OPEN / CLOSE SENSOR FOR YOU
Provides open/closed status of your doors and windows
Reports if tampered with (when the cover is open)
Easy, versatile installation (screws or adhesive backing, both included)
Two interchangeable covers: white and brown
3-year battery life
3-year Ecolink warranty
HOW IT WORKS
The Ecolink Z-Wave Sensor monitors the status of your doors, windows, or any other open/close objects. The device consists of two parts: the sensor (mounted on the frame of your door or window) and the magnet (mounted on the door or window). When the two parts separate, alert is triggered and sent to your Z-Wave controller. Once an alert is triggered, you’re in control—you can activate an alarm, a video camera, or a lighting setup.
Both components of the device can be easily installed with the included mounts/screws or adhesive tape.
Add the sensor to your network before installation:
- Make sure your Z-Wave controller is in inclusion mode
- Activate inclusion mode on the sensor by removing the plastic pull tab from the back
- The LED light on the sensor will turn solid red, then go out, indicating that the inclusion process is complete
Test the sensor by placing the magnet next to the sensor (line it up using lines/arrow on the sensor):
- If the LED light flashes ONCE, the device is successfully connected to your Z-Wave network.
- If the LED light flashes steadily and slowly for 5 seconds, you’ll need to repeat the inclusion process Installation is worry-free and flexible using mounting hardware or double-sided tape (included).
Having problems including the Ecolink sensor to your Z-Wave network? Let us know - we'll help!
Attach the sensor to the nonmoving part of the door or window (such as the frame or the door jamb). Attach the magnet to the moving part of the window or door. Note that the sensor has a line and arrow to indicate where the magnet should be located.
For more details, please refer to the instruction manual included with your Ecolink Z-Wave Door and Window Sensor.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 3V Lithium CR123A battery
- Wireless Range: up to 100 feet
- Operating Temperature: 32°-120°F (0°-49°C)
- Installation: Indoor only
Dimensions: 3.2 x 4 x 1.5 in
- Weight: 3.2 oz
ECOLINK Z-Wave Door Window Sensor DW-ZWAVE2 Manual (PDF)