Safe & Humane Rodent Control
- Humanely kills rodents with an electric shock and sends a notification when the trap has triggered
- LED indicator acts as a visual alarm whenever the trap needs to be emptied
- Easy to use and sanitary with a convenient handle - just tilt the trap to dispose of contants
- Powered by 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Z-Wave Plus chip for greater range and quick wireless communication
- 12-month warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Despite their small size, rodents can wreak serious havoc on our health and homes: electrical wiring, thermal insulation, roofing, and foundations are all vulnerable to the wandering mouse. The Dome Electronic Mouse Trap is designed to prevent this damage in the safest and most humane way possible.
With a quick electric jolt, it eliminates the trapped rodent and makes clean-up fast and sanitary — just hold the handle and tilt to dispose. To reset, simply place another piece of bait inside.
The device can be placed anywhere within range of your Z-Wave gateway controller and is small enough to hide away. While it can be used without Z-Wave, including the Electronic Mouse Trap into your Z-Wave network will allow you to receive text/email notifications when a rodent is caught. You can also easily keep track of battery levels to ensure constant protection of your home.
Before installing, see the diagrams in your operating manual to locate the relevant parts of the device.
If you intend on having wireless control of your Electronic Mouse Trap, first you will need to include it into your Z-Wave network:
1. Bring the device within direct range of your Z-Wave gateway controller
2. Remove the top cover by sliding it and lifting it up
3. Insert the batteries (4 x 1.5V AA)
4. Press the Connect Button THREE times quickly (located underneath on the same plate as the battery opening)
5. When successfully included, the LED indicator will flash 5 times
Choose a location within reliable range of your Z-Wave controller. Bait your Mouser by lifting the bait holder. Add the bait of your choice — dry foods like peanuts are cleaner and easier to use. Replace the bait as needed.
After baiting, set your Mouser in a spot that attracts rodents, like near walls or in corners. Turn the Mouser on by flipping the on/off button. The LED indicator will light up for 2 seconds indicating the Mouser is armed. A flashing LED indicates low battery levels.
When the Mouser is triggered, the LED will blink every 5 seconds. An alert will be sent to your Z-Wave controller/smart phone/computer.
When emptying the Mouser, turn it off to empty it. Rebait and reuse as needed.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
Power: 4 AA batteries (not included)
Power Consumption: 0.6 W
Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 104°F (0 - 40°C)
Installation: Indoor only
- Dimensions: 8.5” x 4.5” x 5”
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Smart Electronic Mouse, Rat and Rodent Trap DMMZ1 User Guide (PDF)
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Smart Electronic Mouse, Rat and Rodent Trap DMMZ1 Advanced Manual (PDF)