4-PACK: $25 / SENSOR
- 4-PACK: $25 / SENSOR
- Monitor and control your home’s doors and windows from a single mobile device
- Receive text and/or email notifications for expected and unexpected events
- ABS plastic may be easily painted to match your door or window frame
- Keep timed logs of all recorded activity
- Super slim design (only 0.35" thick)
- AES-123 wireless data encryption for utmost security
- Gen5 wireless technology for fastest response times and longer battery life
- Fast, simple installation
- Rechargeable battery (use micro USB cable included)
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
With the sleekest, subtlest sensor out there, secure the most conspicuous entrances into your home - your windows and doors. Once linked to your Z-Wave gateway controller, enjoy optimal control from the ease of your mobile device - check the statuses of your doors and windows, and know if they’ve been opened or closed.
Keep logs of all door and window activity. Receive notifications via text or email to be kept constantly in the loop. Connect this sensor with other Z-Wave devices for a reliable and fast network designed to protect and customize your home. It can be used to trigger motion sensors, alarms, sirens, and even lights and thermostats. Featuring a new ultra-lightweight design and a prolonged battery life, this sensor works for you and your home with utmost reliability and ease.
One of the best features of Door Window Sensor 6 is its easy installation process. It's always best to start by adding the sensor to your network:
- Put your Z-Wave gateway controller into inclusion/pairing mode.
- Bring the sensor as close to the primary controller as possible.
- On the sensor, press the Action Button TWICE. The green LED will blink.
- Once added, the sensor’s green LED will be solid for 2 seconds.
- Please repeat the steps above if the red LED is solid for 2 seconds.
Once successfully included into your Z-Wave network, simply insert the sensor into its corresponding mounting plate. For detailed instructions for how to activate the sensor’s advanced functions, please refer to your Aeotec manual.
Next, mount your sensor. Choose a spot within 98 feet of another Z-Wave device (either a gateway or not powered by batteries). Before mounting the sensor, you’ll need to affix the back mounting plate and magnets to a flat surface, ideally the corner of a door or window.
- The back mounting plate can be attached with screws or double-sided tape
- The two magnets should be affixed with double-sided tape
- Please refer to your manual for detailed positioning tips and diagrams
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
How to add Aeotec by Aeon Labs Z-Wave Plus Door Window Sensor 6 ZW112 to VeraEdge or VeraPlus?
1. Add the sensor as "Generic Device" - remember to press and release the action button TWICE when including it. If the device does not include or is not configured correctly, bring it closer to Vera (within 3 feet), unpair it and re-include it.
2. Click on the Door Window Sensor 6 in your Vera interface and go to Advanced
3. Change device type to urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
Change device file to D_DoorSensor1.xml
Change device JSON to D_DoorSensor1.json
Change category_num to 4
Change subcategory_num to 1
4. The sensor may disappear from your Vera dashboard after the above steps are completed. If it happens, go to Settings -> Z-Wave Settings -> Advanced Tab and click on Reload Engine
5. Exit the Vera interface, and open it up again (go to re-log back into your network) and the Door Window Sensor 6 should appear back on the dashboard.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: Rechargeable lithium battery, 3.7V, 500mAh
- Wireless Range: Up to 492 feet (line of sight)
- Operating Temperature: 32°-104°F (0°-40°C)
- Installation: Indoor use only
- Dimensions: 2.8 x 2.8 x 4 x 0.35 inch
- Weight: 3oz
Aeotec by Aeon Labs Z-Wave Plus Door Window Sensor 6 ZW112 (PDF)