The Aeon Labs Z-Stick is a self-powered Z-Wave USB dongle with push button for remote network creation (independent from external power and host microprocessor). When attached to a host processor, it becomes a Z-Wave communication device, which exposes the Zensys API (SerialAPI) through integrated USB. This device is meant primarily to allow a host processor to control up to 232 Z-Wave devices using the Z-Wave technology protocol all the while simplifying Z-Wave network installation.
This is a hardware unit only. You will need to install necessary drivers and home automation software of your choice to be able to use the product as a gateway Z-Wave controller.
The Z-Stick is easily upgradeable by the end-user such that the latest Z-Wave protocols and commands are always available. It can be upgraded in field via its USB port which also serves as a charging port for its internal battery.
- Z-Wave USB Adapter with remote inclusion
- Firmware updatable in field by end-consumer
- Latest Z-Wave protocol and commands
- Simplify Z-Wave network installation (inclusion of devices)
- USB specification 2.0 compliant, full speed (12 Mbps)
- Virtual COM port drivers for Linux, Windows XP, Server 2003/2000 and Vista
- 300ft Z-Wave RF range (outdoor)
- Certified/Available for USA market (FCC, CE, C-TICK, ROHS)
Z-Stick DSA02203 2E documentation (PDF)