Sleek & Smart Decora Switch
- Manual and remote on/off control for lights and small appliances
- Unique Direct 3-Way Solution: no add-on switch needed, extra savings! (Neutral wire required)
- Reports on/off status to your controller instantly
- New and improved Z-Wave Plus 500 series chip for faster, stronger wireless connectivity
- Restores on/off status after power failure
- Can be associated with other Z-Wave devices by scheduling scenes and customizing events
- Compatible with LED, CFL, and incandescent bulbs - minimum 15 Watts on load required
- Screw terminal installation - requires Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground wires
- Built-in signal repeater that strengthens your Z-Wave network
- Blue LED indicator to easily locate the switch in the dark
- Use a standard-size wall plate for single gang installations (wall plate not included)
- UL-listed and Z-Wave Plus certified
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
With this sleek decora-style switch enjoy manual and wireless control of your lighting and small appliances. By replacing your existing switches and pairing it with your Z-Wave hub, you’ll able to turn off the basement lights without leaving your bed, or turn on the kitchen lights while you’re traveling to ward off intruders.
This switch features a unique Direct 3-way Solution by Zooz. You won't need to purchase any additional add-on or auxiliary companion switches to make the ZEN21 work in a 3-way. Simply connect your Zooz switch to an existing mechanical 3-way switch according to the diagram in the manual. All you need is a neutral wire in both boxes and you're all set!
Depending if your Z-Wave controller allows for advanced home automation, you’ll be able to create personalized lighting schedules and events — create a schedule for the baby’s room to make falling asleep easier. Trigger the lights to turn on just by walking through the door.
Use it to better control your energy consumption, making your home more efficient and budget-friendly. Featuring an updated 500 series chip for better connectivity and built-in signal repeater, rest assured Z-Wave will take care of the small things for you, so you don’t have to.
Before installing, make sure the load does not exceed 960W for incandescent lights, 150W for CFL's and LED's, or 1800W (15A) for resistive load. Check your wiring first to confirm that you have all the following wires present in your gang box: load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often green).
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and completing the installation, please consult a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch at features a neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the ZEN21 switch properly without a neutral wire.
- Unlike your regular electric switches, Z-Wave switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
How to include the Z-Wave Plus On / Off switch to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion/pairing mode
3. Tap the upper paddle of the switch 3 times quickly to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new on/off switch should appear on your controller's device list
NOTE: Use a dedicated diagram from the manual to wire the switch in a 3-way setting with a regular electrical switch if you are looking to control one light with 2 or 3 switches.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 960W Incandescent, 150W LED and CFL bulbs, 1800W (15A) Resistive, ½ HP Motor
- Z-Wave Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation: Indoor use only
Download the Manual for Zooz Z-Wave Plus On / Off Switch ZEN21 VER 2.0 (PDF)
Download the 3-Way Diagrams for Zooz Z-Wave Plus On / Off Switch ZEN21 VER 2.0 (PDF)