Easy & Efficient Power Control
- Turns an existing on/off light switch into a Z-Wave switch
- Remote and manual on/off control
- Smaller than your average micro switch — fits in any standard gang box
- Works with incandescent lighting and resistive loads (do NOT use with tube lights, motors, fans, or loads under 20 Watts)
- Built-in Z-Wave signal repeater
- Pigtails for easy installation (requires a neutral wire)
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Whether you’re just starting out in home automation or a veteran looking to expand and strengthen an existing network, the Single Relay Module Switch is a solid low-cost option for lighting control. Turn your regular light switches into smart Z-Wave switches, allowing for full manual and remote control from your mobile device.
Once connected to your Z-Wave controller, the module switch even acts as a Z-Wave range extender that transmits RF signal to other target devices, strengthening your whole network. Overall it’s a simple smart home addition that will let you save big on bills, energy, and effort.
Be sure to read the instruction manual and wiring diagrams carefully. If you’re unsure how to identify the wiring, please consult a licensed electrician.
After successfully wiring the module switch, include it into your Z-Wave network:
1. Bring the controller within 3 feet of the module switch.
2. Put your Z-Wave gateway controller into inclusion mode.
3. Turn the light switch on and off 4 times quickly to include it (or press the Program Switch 4 times within 2 seconds). Once included the LED should stop flashing.
To exclude the module switch from your network, follow the same steps above but with your gateway controller in exclusion/unpairing mode.
For detailed instructions on inclusion/exclusion and more advanced functions, please refer to your controller’s user manual as each brand is a little different.
Q: I've included the micro module to my hub but the switch does not report change of status back to the controller. How do I fix this?
A: Try this: make sure the Vision single relay module is included to your Z-Wave network. Press and hold the Z-Wave / program button for around 3 seconds until the LED indicator flashed ONCE. If it flashes TWICE, it means the switch is in a different mode and you need to repeat the process until the LED gives a single flash.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Operating Voltage: 100 VAC - 240 VAC
- Maximum Load: 800 W resistive (incandescent bulbs) ONLY
- Wireless Range: Up to 100ft (30m) line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 5°F - 140°F (-15°C - 60°C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor use only
- Dimensions: 1.25 x 1.5 x 0.85
- Weight: 2.5 oz
Download the Manual for Vision Single Relay Module Switch ZL7431 US