- Turn lights and small appliances on or off via Z-Wave remote control
Direct 3-Way Solution - this device will work with your existing 3-way switch, no need to buy a companion switch! (neutral wire required, use in 4-Way only if direct connection to load and line are in the same box)
- Reports status to your Z-Wave hub immediately if controlled manually from the switch
NEW VER. 3.0: Extra room for wall plate screws and more advanced settings like a built-in timer*
- Includes neutral jumper and short wall-plate screws in the box
White (no other color available)
- Restores on/off status after power outage
- Z-Wave Plus for faster and more reliable wireless communication
- Works great with incandescent, LED, and CFL bulbs (DON'T use with fans!)
- Use a standard-size wall plate for single gang installations (wall plate not included) - short screws included for a worry-free set-up!
- Can be associated with other Z-Wave devices to trigger events or participate in scenes
- Screw terminal installation - requires Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground wires
- Z-Wave Plus and UL certified
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your hub needs to support advanced parameter input for this feature to work.
HOW IT WORKS
This is a perfect switch if you're looking to replace a classic toggle with a Z-Wave Plus equivalent. Just click the toggle up to turn the lights on or click it down to turn them off. The switch will report any manual changes to your Z-Wave hub right away (we have seen some cloud-related delays on Wink though, so please keep that in mind if using Wink).
Like all VER 2.0 / 3.0 switches from Zooz, this one will also wire to your existing 3-way set-up so you can save even more by not buying a companion switch (up to $25 savings!). Just make sure you have a neutral wire in all switch boxes to ensure proper installation.
Make sure the load you are about to connect does not exceed 960W for incandescent lights, 150W for LED and CFL bulbs, or 1800W (15A) for resistive load. Check your wiring first and confirm that you have all of the following present in your gang box: load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often green).
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and completing the installation, please consult a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch at features a neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the ZEN23 switch properly without a neutral wire.
- Unlike your regular electric switches, Z-Wave switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
How to include the Z-Wave Plus On / Off Toggle switch to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion/pairing mode
3. Toggle the switch up very quickly 3 times to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new on/off device should appear on your controller's device list
NOTE: Please use a dedicated wiring diagram to connect this switch in a 3-way setting with a regular electrical switch if you'd like to control one light with 2 or 3 switches.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Model Number: ZEN23 VER. 3.0
- Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 960W Incandescent, 1800W (15A) Resistive
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
Download the Manual for Zooz Z-Wave Plus On / Off Toggle Switch ZEN23 VER 3.0 (PDF)
Click here for 3-Way Diagrams for Zooz Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch ZEN23 VER 3.0