Small Switch. Powerful Switch. Protective Switch.
- Wireless on/off appliance control with real time energy monitoring
- 84% smaller than the original Smart Energy Switch and 43% smaller than Smart Switch Gen5
- USB port to charge your smartphone or tablet
- Works best with resistive loads and 15 Watts on load minimum (we found that the device malfunctions over time when used with inductive loads like fans and motors, routers and battery chargers)
- Secure encrypted wireless technology
- Inbuilt surge protector and over-current protector
- Turns devices off automatically in case of hazard or emergency (when added to a scene with other Z-Wave devices)
How It Works
Smart Switch 6 can power devices that draw up to 15 amps of power. Schedule scenes with lighting, computers, and more to save on electricity bills. Create your own scenarios by connecting the Smart Switch 6 to your Z-Wave gateway. The unit will report energy usage via its LED Ring. 16 million colors of light will visually communicate how much electricity is being used so you immediately understand if a device uses too much power.
Whenever Aeotec releases new firmware, you’ll be able to update Smart Switch 6 wirelessly. The device is part of Aeon Labs’ Gen5 range of Z-Wave products. That means it outperforms all that has come before it. It’s equipped with the latest Z-Wave 500 series chip and firmware, offering a 50% greater wireless range and a 250% faster communication speed compared with older Z-Wave products. And it always uses AES 128 bit security encryption when active.
You need a Z-Wave gateway which operates with the 500 series chip products to take full advantage of the device. Please consult the manufacturer of your Z-Wave hub to make sure it supports all Smart Switch 6 features.
Just plug it in your outlet or power strip and pair with a Z-Wave remote controller or gateway hub. Connect an electrical device to switch it on or off wirelessly. The Smart Switch 6 is small enough to fit into any outlet and will never block neighboring outlets.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Optimized antenna range: 500 feet
- Z-Wave 500 series chip
- Z-Wave Plus technology
- Operating Temperature: -4°F (-20°C) to 140°F (70°C)
- Dimension: 2.3 x 2.3 x 1.4 inch
AEOTEC Z-Wave Plus Smart Switch 6 GEN5 ZW096-A02 Extended Manual (PDF)