- Monitor open and close status of your doors, windows, even cabinet drawers from your Z-Wave controller
- Low-maintenance with 10-year battery life
- Extra-long Z-Wave range (up to 220 feet)
- LED indicator on the sensor shows Z-Wave signal strength (green for good, orange for fair, and red for weak)
- Great for automation with Z-Wave alarm sirens, climate control, or light switches
- Instant set-up with auto-inclusion mode
- Encrypted communication and built-in tamper detection for extra security
- Install it where other sensors didn't work: the 0.25" slim magnet reports status change accurately even at an inch away from the sensor
- Optional built-in temperature sensor* (8-year battery life with temperature sensor enabled)
- Customize the sensor with advanced settings*
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your Z-Wave gateway needs to support advanced configuration to enable these features.
How It Works
At first glance, the Dome Door/Window Sensor Pro is similar to other Z-Wave contact sensors: it monitors the open/close status of doors and windows (but also cabinets, drawers, baby gates, garage doors, and any other opening). Only everything about it is enhanced — longer range, way-longer battery life, ultra-slim size, super-accurate built-in temperature sensor, and helpful LED indicators.
Once you include it to your Z-Wave gateway controller, receive text/email alerts when a door or window is opened. Stay updated on the Sensor’s surrounding temperature and adjust accordingly, saving on bills and energy in the process. Connect it with other Z-Wave devices to create custom events — turn off the AC on your Z-Wave thermostat when a window is open or trigger a smart chime whenever someone enters through the back door. Get creative with this Sensor’s dozens of applications, and have a better smart home for it.
Before proceeding with the installation, familiarize yourself with the parts of the Door/Window Sensor Pro by viewing the illustrations in your user manual.
First you will need to include the Sensor into your Z-Wave network:
1. Put your Z-Wave gateway controller into inclusion/pairing mode
2. Bring the Sensor within direct range of your controller — the closer the better. You will be able to install the Sensor in your desired location after inclusion is complete.
3. Remove the plastic battery tab from the battery tab slit.
4. The Sensor will enter inclusion mode for 2 minutes automatically; the LED indicator will flash between green and red.
5. When inclusion is successful the LED will stop blinking.
Before mounting, make sure the Sensor is fully included into your network and that your desired location for the Sensor is within range of your Z-Wave network.
The Sensor’s two parts (magnet and sensor body) can be mounted using the pre-applied double stick tape or the included hardware. The magnet should be affixed to the door frame; the sensor body should be affixed to the actual door.
To properly position the Sensor:
1. Be sure the magnet and sensor body are less than 1.25” apart when the door is closed. Also ensure they are properly aligned.
2. When moving the magnet and sensor body in and out of the closed position, the LED light will indicate the Z-Wave signal strength: green for excellent, yellow for fair and red for weak.
3. Check that the Sensor’s cover release button is fully accessible in its final position.
To affix the Sensor using double-stick tape:
1. Make sure the door and frame are wiped clean of dust and any other debris that could interfere with a secure installation.
2. Peel off the double-stick tape and adhere the sensor body to the door.
3. Do the same for the magnet, making sure the positioning meets all the criteria listed above.
4. Test that the Sensor works as expected: open and close the door, paying attention to the color of the LED indicator and ensuring it lights up green (for excellent signal strength).
To affix the Sensor using the included screws:
1. Remove the Sensor’s cover and battery from the Sensor’s base; remove the magnet cover from the magnet base.
2. Hold the Sensor base in the desired spot. Affix the screws through the screw holes into the door.
3. Repeat the process for the magnet, making sure the magnet is less than 1-1/4” from the sensor body. The lines on both parts should be fully aligned.
4. Return and attach the battery, sensor cover, and magnet cover.
5. Ensure an excellent connection by opening and closing the door: the LED indicator should light up green.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
Power: 1 x ER14505 (AA-size) 3.6V battery (included)
Wireless Range: Up to 220 feet
Operating Temperature: 32° - 104°F (0°- 40°C)
Installation and Use: Indoor use only
Dimensions: sensor: 2.9” x 0.85” x 0.87”, magnet: 1.6” x 0.25” x 0.5”
Weight: 3 oz.
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor Pro DMDP1 User Guide (PDF)
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor Pro DMDP1 Advanced Manual (PDF)