Solid Door Window Security
- Safe and reliable door and window protection
- New and improved Gen5 500 series chip for encrypted communication and faster, stronger wireless connectivity
- Receive instant alerts and notifications on your mobile device
- Connectable with other Z-Wave products for customized, advanced home automation
- Built-in tamper protection
- Energy-efficient, long-lasting battery
- Fast and simple DIY installation process
- Small, sleek, and easily blends in with any interior
HOW IT WORKS
Your doors and windows are some of your home’s more vulnerable entry points, and there are many of them. So why not give yourself more assurance if you can? Not only does Aeotec’s new and improved Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor give you added layers of security, but it knows that timing is everything when it comes to protecting and customizing your smart home: its new Gen5 500 series chip allows for encryption and wireless communication that’s faster and stronger than ever before.
Immediately trigger a Z-Wave siren when a door or window is opened unexpectedly. Receive instant alerts on your smart phone or laptop when activity is detected so that you’re always kept in the loop. And the long-lasting battery is not only another security feature, but a convenient, sustainable way securing your home.
Beyond security, use this sensor to create your own schedules and events for smooth transitions designed around your life — have your entry hall lights turn on when you enter your front door in the evening. Trigger your bedroom’s thermostat to lower the temperature when you close your windows. Save energy and money by having your smart home think about the small things, so you don’t have to.
Before adding the sensor to your Z-Wave network, choose a spot for it that will give it optimal connectivity (it must be placed within 100ft line of sight of another non-battery-powered Z-Wave device).
Next, affix your sensor plate to a flat surface. The sensor is so light it can be mounted using screws or double-sided tape. As the sensor is bi-directional, you can position the mounting plates with either end at the top.
Finally, include the sensor into your Z-Wave network:
1. Remove the spacing tab to activate the batteries. Wait for the LED to blink for 3 seconds.
2. Bring the sensor near your Z-Wave gateway controller.
3. Press the include button on your Z-Wave gateway controller (As each controller is a little different, please refer to your controller’s user manual if you’re unsure).
4. Press the Z-Wave button on your sensor. When it’s successfully added, the LED will illuminate for 10 minutes.
5. At the end of 10 minutes, your sensor will automatically exit setup mode. You can quickly click your sensor’s tamper switch 3 times if you’d like to exit setup mode sooner. We recommend to leave it in the wake-up mode for full 10 minutes and keep it by the hub for a couple of hours so the device can fully configure before being mounted.
Once your sensor is successfully included, attach it to your mounting plates. To do this, simply insert the two parts into their corresponding plates, but make sure the dimple on the front of the sensor is on the same side as the magnet's mounting plate.
For instructions on the sensor’s advanced functions, please refer to your user manual.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: CR2 AAA battery
- Wireless Range: Up to 100ft (30m) line of sight
- Operating Temperature: -10° - 60°C (14° - 140°F)
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor use only
- Weight: 4oz
Download manual for Aeotec by Aeon Labs Z-Wave Plus Door Window Sensor Gen5 ZW120