- Reliable motion and light level detection
- Wireless notifications (when included to a Z-Wave gateway controller)
- Adjustable sensitivity levels for motion detection*
- Wide array of advanced configurations*
- Low battery alerts
- New Z-Wave Plus 500 series chip for enhanced wireless communication
- Compact design
- Fast and flexible installation process
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your Z-Wave gateway needs to support advanced configuration to enable these features.
How It Works
Enjoy optimal security and convenience in one tiny device. Once connected to your Z-Wave gateway controller, the Zooz Mini Sensor accurately detects motion and light level to give you a safer, more energy efficient home.
Receive instant notifications on your smart phone or laptop when activity is detected while you’re away. This Mini Sensor is capable of talking to other Z-Wave devices for advanced home automation: trigger a Z-Wave bulb or light switch based on both motion and light level in the room. With a wide range of motion sensitivity levels and advanced parameters, you can choose exactly how you want the sensor to work for you.
First, add the Mini Sensor to your Z-Wave network:
- Bring the sensor within direct range of your controller.
- Carefully turn and lift the cover of your Mini Sensor to access the battery.
- Remove the plastic pull-tab from the battery slot. The LED indicator will begin to blink slowly.
- Put your Z-Wave gateway controller into inclusion/pairing mode.
- Press and release the Z-Wave button on the sensor 3 TIMES QUICKLY. The LED indicator will flash quickly.
- A new motion and light sensor will appear on your controller’s device list.
After successfully including the Mini Sensor into your Z-Wave network, locate a flat surface that is within 15 feet from the door and around 7 feet from the ground. The sensor will detect motion up to 20 feet depending on the mounting location and sensitivity settings.
Mount the sensor using supplied screw (recommended) or adhesive tape.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
Power: 1 CR123A battery (included)
Power Consumption: 0.15W
Motion Detection Range: Up to 20 feet
Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet
Operating Temperature: 32° - 104°F (0°- 40°C)
Installation and Use: Indoor use only
Dimensions: 1.9” x 1.8”
Weight: 0.5 oz.
Download the Zooz Z-Wave Plus Mini Sensor ZSE09 User Manual (PDF)