Finally, an outdoor sensor!
- The first Z-Wave motion sensor made for outdoors
- Great for flood light automation and monitoring
- Adjust LUX trigger and motion time-out right from the sensor (no advanced configuration is available, motion sensitivity can't be changed)
- CHECK HUB COMPATIBILITY BEFORE BUYING (DOESN'T WORK WITH WINK OR ALARM PANELS)
- Battery or USB powered (cable and adapter sold separately)
- New Authenticated S2 security
- 500 Z-Wave chip for more range and better battery life
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. You need a security enabled controller to take full advantage of the product (including an S2 hub to benefit from S2 features).
HOW IT WORKS
Our response to your need for an outdoor-ready motion sensor. Pair this S2 Motion Sensor with your Z-Wave hub for quick and reliable motion alerts via text and email. Use it for seamless automation of your garage door or outdoor lights. Create the perfect “Welcome Home” and “Leaving for Work” routines to make your mornings more efficient and evenings more comfortable. Use it to enhance your home’s security and be kept in the loop with what’s happening at home.
Customize the motion time-out interval and lux trigger levels directly at the sensor for simplified control. This unit can be powered by standard batteries or USB adapter. For those of you with super cold winters (around -20 degrees), we recommend using USB for hassle-free automation. Get notified if the sensor’s back cover is removed unexpectedly with its built-in tamper switch. It also supports the latest S2 security protocol for the most advanced smart home encryption available.
Let’s get the S2 Motion Sensor connected with your Z-Wave system before anything. To auto-include the sensor, put your Z-Wave hub into inclusion/pairing mode (if your hub supports S2, you may need to enter the DSK key on the back cover for secure inclusion). Insert the batteries OR the USB adapter board according to the procedures in the device manual. Once powered up, the sensor’s LED indicator will start blinking and it should appear on your hub’s device list.
To manually include your S2 Motion Sensor, power up your sensor using battery or USB -- see the device manual for more info about installing the batteries and USB adapter board. Put your Z-Wave hub into inclusion/pairing mode. Click the tamper switch next to the battery compartment 3 times quickly. Once included, you’ll see the new sensor on your hub’s device list.
To mount the unit find a sheltered area, without direct sunshine or exposure to rain, within range of your Z-Wave hub (some drizzle is fine). Make sure the installation location is a clean, flat, and dry surface. Test the device before mounting it (see the device manual for tips on how to test the unit’s Z-Wave functionality and motion detection). Some other mounting tips:
- Your S2 Motion Sensor best detects movement to the sides of the lens rather than directly in front of it
- Mount it 6 ft above the ground
- Don’t have it facing a window, direct sunlight, or near any heat source (boilers, radiators, etc)
Once you’re ready to affix the unit, use the back cover to mark two mounting holes on a clean, dry surface. Drill holes into the marked point and use the supplied anchors and screws to attach the back cover to the surface. Affix the sensor to the back cover using the original screws. The device will go from Test mode to Normal mode within 10 seconds, this means the LED indicator will no longer turn on when detecting motion to conserve battery (but you’ll receive alerts just the same via Z-Wave!).
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 3 x AA (1.5 V) batteries / Micro USB
- Motion Detection: up to 30 feet
- Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: -4° - 104°F
Installation: Indoor / Outdoor
Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Outdoor Motion Sensor ZSE29 Manual (PDF)