Smart Affordable Dimmer
- Manual and wireless control from your smart phone or computer (when synced with a Z-Wave gateway controller)
Direct 3-Way Solution: connects to an existing light switch for 2-point control, no special companion switch needed! (Neutral wire required, on/off control only from slave switch)
NEW IN VER. 3.0: Double tap to full brightness, fully adjustable ramp rate, scene control on select hubs, and more!
White (no other color available)
- Extended LED bulb compatibility - works with most popular dimmable LED's (including Cree, Ecosmart, Philips, GE, Sylvania, Sunco, and others. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LUMINUS BULBS.)
- Quick status reports to your hub when operated manually
- Based on universal command classes - supported by all certified Z-Wave gateway controllers
- Capable of advanced automation and association with other Z-Wave devices — schedule custom scenes and events
- Upgraded Z-Wave Plus 500 series chip for stronger and faster wireless connectivity
- Built-in signal repeater for a more reliable Z-Wave network
- Blue LED indicator to help locate the switch in the dark (now configurable straight from the switch!)
- Fits a standard-size face plate for single and multi gang installations (face plate not included)
- UL-listed and Z-Wave Plus certified
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Imagine setting the perfect lighting for movie night without leaving the sofa, and using your smart phone to remotely control the lights throughout your home. The ZEN22 Dimmer Switch gives you all that and more — simply replace your current dimmer switch with the ZEN22 and include it into your Z-Wave network. Depending on your controller, you can also associate the switch with other Z-Wave devices for advanced home automation.
The dimmer can be wired using the Direct 3-way Solution by Zooz. It connects to your existing on/off 3-way switch as long as neutral wire is present in both gang boxes. Just wire the Zooz dimmer and rewire the second switch according to the diagram in the manual. The slave switch provides on/off control only, while you can adjust brightness from the Zooz dimmer or your smart home app. Status is reported instantly, whether you turn the lights on or off from the master or slave switch.
Create a lighting schedule designed around your life — program the lights to dim in the baby’s room in the evening, or have the brightness adjust as soon as you enter a room. With an upgraded 500 series chip and built-in signal repeater, you can always count on strong, fast connectivity. For easy manual control, it features a touch paddle switch that allows you turn the lights on or off, or return to your optimal lighting level.
Before beginning the installation process, make sure the load you are about to connect does not exceed 600W for incandescent lights or 150W for DIMMABLE CFL or LED. Check your wiring first and confirm that you have all of the following present in your gang box: load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often green).
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and performing the installation, please consult a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch at features a neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the ZEN22 switch properly without a neutral wire.
- Unlike your regular electric switches, Z-Wave switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
- Z-Wave dimmers will work best with incandescent and high-quality DIMMABLE LED bulbs with at least 15 Watts on load.
How to include the Z-Wave Plus Dimmer switch to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion mode
3. Tap the UPPER paddle of the switch 3 times very quickly to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new dimmer (or multilevel switch) device will appear on your controller's device list
NOTE: Use a dedicated diagram from the manual to wire the switch in a 3-way setting with a regular electrical switch if you are looking to control one light with 2 switches.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 500W Single-gang, 400W Double-gang, 300W Triple-gang Incandescent, 150W CFL or LED
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
Download the Manual for Zooz Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Switch ZEN22 VER 3.0 (PDF)
More wiring diagrams for 3-way and 4-way set-ups