First Line Flood Protection
- Open and close your valve remotely or automatically when connected with Z-Wave water sensors (sold separately)
- Use it on existing water valves (up to 1.5" pipes)
- Quick and easy installation with reliable hardware
- Z-Wave Plus with the latest 500 chip for better and energy-efficient wireless communication
- Acts as a Z-Wave range extender
- 12-month warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
A small water leak can mean a huge headache; a flood or gas leak can be downright disastrous. The Dome Z-Wave Plus Shutoff Valve is the ultimate safety and prevention smart tool — it automatically shuts off your water/gas main when leaks, floods, or pipe bursts are detected by your connected Z-Wave sensors.
Once the device is included to your Z-Wave gateway controller, receive text/email alerts if the valve has been activated. Enjoy wireless on/off control of the valve while maintaining full manual control. Connect it with a Z-Wave flood sensor or alarm siren for double alerts and protection.
The Dome Shutoff Valve installs directly over your existing valve, and only requires a single Phillips screwdriver to mount. It is equipped with an extra-long power cord to reach even the most isolated of spaces. The Dome Shutoff Valve also features a built-in range extender and the latest in Z-Wave Plus technology, so rest assured you’re always covered.
Before proceeding with inclusion and installation, please familiarize yourself with the illustrations in your user manual to better navigate the Valve.
Note: When the Valve is successfully included, the motor will start turning automatically. To avoid serious injury, keep your fingers and hands away from the control arm and its path, only gripping the Valve by either the mounting bracket or the top of the motor assembly.
To include the Valve into your Z-Wave Network:
1. Put your Z-Wave gateway controller into inclusion mode.
2. Plug the Valve into an outlet within direct range of your controller, less than 10 feet.
3. Press the open/close button THREE times quickly.
4. Once the Valve has been successfully included, the LED indicator will stop blinking and stay on continuously.
Before mounting the Valve, be sure you’ve found a place where you can position it appropriately and within range of your Z-Wave gateway controller. It can be installed on any 0.5” to 1.5” brass ball valve. Make sure the valve handle and open/close button can be fully and easily accessed from its position — it should be at least 5” away from walls and obstructions. It must also be within 10 feet of a power outlet to ensure the included power cord can reach.
Follow the instructions from the user manual to mount the valve on your pipe.
Test the valve controller for successful installation: power up the device and press the open/close button. The motor should engage and the valve will close.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Compatible valves: 1/2" - 1-1/2" Quarter-Turn Ball Valves with Lever Handles
Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 112 °F (0 - 44 °C)
Installation: Indoor only
- Dimensions: 2.5” x 3.5” x 6”
- Power Cord Lenght: 10 feet
Weight: 1lb 13oz
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Water Main Shut-off Valve Controller DMWV1 Basic Manual (PDF)
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Water Main Shut-off Valve Controller DMWV1 Advanced Manual (PDF)