Light & Motion Combined
- CONDITION: Refurbished (full warranty, we test it before we ship it)
- Quick and reliable motion detection with 110 degree coverage
- Ideal for Z-Wave light automation based on motion and light level
- Innovative magnetic mount guarantees precise positioning
- Z-Wave Plus for greater range and communication speed
- Customized performance with advanced settings, including adjustable sensitivity and trigger interval*
- Small enough to hide in any interior
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your Z-Wave gateway needs to support advanced configuration to enable these features.
How It Works
Security, efficiency, convenience: the Dome Motion Detector prioritizes them all. When it comes to motion, count on its large detection area and strong connectivity to be there for you when you need it most. Once connected to your Z-Wave gateway controller, receive instant text/email alerts so that you’re always in the know, whether you’re at home, work, or halfway across the world.
Connect it with other Z-Wave devices to boost your overall security system: if motion is detected in your home unexpectedly, trigger a Z-Wave alarm siren for added protection. And with adjustable sensitivity, customize the motion detector to be the perfect fit for your life and home — keep your pets from sending you texts!
The Dome Motion Detector features a built-in light sensor that monitors surrounding light levels to maintain your optimal conditions. Associate the sensor with your Z-Wave lighting and never fumble around in the dark again. Save on bills and energy usage by creating custom lighting scenes based on your life and schedule. With an extra-long battery life and the latest Z-Wave Plus technology, the Dome Motion Detector is a seamless addition to your smart home.
Before mounting your Dome Motion Detector, you must include it to your Z-Wave network:
- Make sure your Z-Wave gateway controller is in inclusion/pairing mode.
- Bring the Motion Detector direct range of your controller.
- Remove the cover by twisting it off; also remove the battery tab within.
- Press the Connect Button THREE times quickly. (The button is located on the back of the sensor)
- Once inclusion is successful, the LED indicator on the front of the detector will flash 5 times.
Next, to mount your motion detector, choose any flat surface within range of your Z-Wave controller. Ensure that the motion detector has a direct line-of-sight of the area you wish to monitor. See the illustration in your user manual to help choose the best positioning for your detector. In general, it is better to mount the device as high as possible to avoid range obstacles like furniture.
Once you’ve located your optimal mounting spot, you can choose to install the detector with double-sided tape or with screws (both are included). Once the Wall Mount and Magnet are firmly attached, place the detector onto the cradle at an angle that will best monitor the desired area.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
Power: Single CR123A 3.0V battery (included)
Power Consumption: 0.13W
Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet
Operating Temperature: 32° - 104°F (0°- 40°C)
Installation and Use: Indoor use only
Dimensions: 1.75” (diameter)
Weight: 1.5 oz.
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Motion Detector with Light Sensor DMMS1 Basic Manual (PDF)
Download Dome Z-Wave Plus Motion Detector with Light Sensor DMMS1 Advanced Manual (PDF)