Turn the lights on and off from your wireless device or design lighting scenes to create unique ambiance - all with one click when you pair the GE smart switch with your gateway Z-Wave controller.
- Interchangeable switch: White and Light Almond paddles included in the box (wall plates sold separately)
- May be used in single pole installation or with up to four GE model 12723 Add-on switches in 3, 4, 5 or 6-way wiring configurations
Blue LED indicates switch location in a dark room
Turn the connected device On/Off manually or via Z-Wave remote control
Can be Included in multiple Groups and Scenes
Supports Advanced Configuration; LED status, Invert switch (if unit is installed upside down)
Screw Terminal installation; requires wiring connections for Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground. Traveler wire required for multi pole installation
Use a standard-size wall plate for single gang installations (wall plate not included); Multi-gang box option available (removable ‘side wings’)
LED can be enabled/disabled manually
- Inline traveler circuit protection
HOW IT WORKS
The on/off switch replaces your existing light switch and provides Z-Wave wireless as well as in-wall control of lighting and small appliances.
Once paired with your Z-Wave hub, the device can be managed in groups of multiple lights and controlled within interior lighting scenes.
You will be able to turn off the lights around your home without getting out of bed or simply schedule a time for them to go out. GE smart switches also communicate with other devices in your Z-Wave network, like a motion sensor that can trigger the lights to turn on when you start walking down your basement stairs. Even if used manually, the switch is easily reachable in the dark thanks to an integrated blue LED indicator.
The GE 12722 Smart Switch will work with incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, xenon, halogen and LED lighting up to 960 watts.
GE smart switch uses your existing wiring and saves space with its screw terminal installation. It is easy to replace your existing switch with the the Z-Wave unit once you carefully read the manual. So please follow all necessary steps provided in the instructions to avoid unnecessary frustration.Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the electric wiring in your home includes the neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the smart switch properly without a neutral wire.
- Unlike your regular electric switches, Z-Wave smart switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
- You will need an auxiliary (add-on) switch for Z-Wave Three-way or Four-way installations.
How do I choose the right installation type?
Two-way wiring (single pole) configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from one location. Three-way wiring configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from two separate locations. Four-way wiring configuration turns the light or appliance on/off from three different locations.
Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz.
Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz.
- Load ratings:
- Incandescent - Minimum Load: 40W, Maximum Load: 960W
- Motor – 1/2HP
- Resistive – 1800W
Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module.
Operating Temperature Range: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- For indoor use only.
GE 12722 Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Switch Manual for Download (PDF)
GE 12722 Z-Wave Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PDF)