NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
Who knew you could have perfect, multi-tasking functionality in a device only slightly larger than a golf ball? This Fibaro Motion Sensor wastes no space in monitoring motion, temperature, light intensity and even vibration. Once connected to your Z-Wave gateway controller, receive immediate text or email notifications if the sensor detects unexpected movement within your home. Choose a lower motion sensitivity so that pets won’t set off false alarms.
Connect the Motion Sensor with other Z-Wave devices for advanced home automation: Have it trigger a Z-Wave alarm siren. Turn on the welcome lights as soon as you open the front door in the evening. Associate the sensor with your Z-Wave thermostat to automatically turn on the heat if the temperature drops below a certain threshold. For added security, the Motion Sensor features built-in tamper protection, and will notify you if vibrations are detected. As usual, Fibaro has equipped this device with plenty configurable settings to fit your needs and preference (read manual for info).
Before mounting the Motion Sensor, include it into your Z-Wave network:
1. Open the device’s cover.
2. Remove the plastic “I’m ready” strip to activate the included battery.
3. Bring the sensor within direct range of your Z-Wave gateway controller.
4. Put your controller into inclusion mode. (See your controller’s user manual for specific instructions, as it differs for each brand)
5. Locate the B-button next to the battery. Press it 3 times quickly. The LED light will turn blue.
6. The sensor will appear on your controller’s device list. If it doesn’t appear, try waking up the Motion sensor by pressing the B-button 3 times quickly. The LED should be blue to confirm it is in Wake Up mode.
7. Once successfully connected, close the plastic cover and ensure it is locked securely.
Now you’re ready to mount the sensor. Choose a location that you would like to monitor. The sensor performs best when installed in the corner of a room or directly across from a door at least 8 feet above ground. It is also recommended to avoid sources of heat, direct light, and drafts.
1. Using the included screw, affix the sensor’s mounting bracket onto a flat surface in the desired location.
2. Wake up the sensor by pressing the B-button 3 times quickly.
3. Insert the sensor into its bracket.
4. Make sure the sensor is operating correctly by ensuring the LED detects motion and is within range of your Z-Wave gateway controller. To test range, press and hold the B-button until LED indicator blinks purple. Press and release the button again and wait for LED indicator displays one of the 4 colors to indicate if the sensor is withing your network's range.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
SAVE $50 WITH THIS VALUE PACK! PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS Endless applications - add wireless functionality to any...
$89.90 - Sold Out
SAVE $10 WITH THIS VALUE PACK! Product Highlights 6-in-1 sensor: motion, humidity, temperature, light, UV,...
SAVE $10 WITH THIS DEAL! PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS Z-Wave enabled plug-in alarm siren Powerful 106dB speaker 3...