- Turn lights and small appliances on or off via Z-Wave remote control
- Z-Wave Plus for faster and more reliable wireless communication
- Works great with incandescent, LED, and CFL bulbs - minimum 20 Watts on load required
Can be associated with other Z-Wave devices to trigger events or participate in scenes
Screw terminal installation - requires Line (Hot), Load, Neutral, and Ground wires
- Single pole installation only - Contact us if you are looking for a 3-way solution
- Use a standard-size wall plate for single gang installations (wall plate not included)
- Free ground shipping in the US
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Install the ZEN23 on/off switch in place of your existing light switch and include it to your Z-Wave controller. You can now enjoy both manual and wireless control of the lights or small appliances connected to the Z-Wave switch.
If your smart home system allows for advanced automation, you will be able to group this switch with other Z-Wave devices to create unique lighting scenes and custom events. You will never walk into a dark home again. You will never have to get up from bed to turn the lights downstairs.
Use this switch for smarter energy management and added convenience. Z-Wave Plus protocol makes this device more reliable than ever. With its built-in signal repeater, the switch will also make your whole smart home network stronger.
Make sure the load you are about to connect does not exceed 960W for incandescent lights or 1800W (15A) for resistive load. Check your wiring first and confirm that you have all of the following present in your gang box: load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often green).
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and completing the installation, please consult a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch at features a neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the ZEN23 switch properly without a neutral wire.
- Unlike your regular electric switches, Z-Wave switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
How to include the Z-Wave Plus On / Off Toggle switch to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion/pairing mode
3. Toggle the switch up and down quickly 3 times to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new on/off device should appear on your controller's device list
NOTE: DO NOT wire this switch in a 3-way setting with regular electrical switches. If you are looking to control one light with 2 or 3 switches, please contact us for installation instructions.
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
Model Number: ZEN23
- Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 960W Incandescent, 1800W (15A) Resistive, ½ HP Motor
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
Download the Manual for Zooz Z-Wave Plus On / Off Toggle Switch ZEN23 (PDF)