As we're all waiting for the new Aeotec MultiSensor 6 to be officially added to the list of supported devices by all major Z-Wave gateways, I have been testing and researching a way to properly include the device to my VeraEdge. I was finally able to configure 4 basic child sensors a couple of days ago. It looks like another few weeks before we see the UV and vibration sensors on Vera's interface but all other 4 are functional after a quick manual fix.
Here are the steps to set up the ZW100-A MultiSensor with a VeraEdge. Make sure you have the latest version of UI7 firmware installed on your hub. If not, click here to perform the update first. If you're planning to use the sensor on batteries, the manufacturer recommends pairing it with the sensor running on batteries, not connected to the USB port.
1. Bring the MultiSensor close to your hub and add it to your Vera choosing the 4-in-1 sensor as device type and single-clicking on the action button. It will come up as a "D_GenericIO1" device. You may have to exclude it first (simply send an unpairing command from your Vera and click on the MultiSensor’s action button - read more here).
2. Once the device is included, please wait for all children nodes to show up. Then press the action button quickly 3 times to put the device in the wake up mode. DO NOT hold the action button. The LED indicator on the sensor should blink - do not press anything else on the sensor at this point.
3. Select the new device, then click on Advanced.
4. Go to the Params tab and make the following changes:
- device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1
- device_file: D_MotionSensor1.xml
- device_json: D_MotionSensor1.json
5. Wait for the led indicator on the MultiSensor to stop blinking. Do not press anything on the device until the process is completed.
6. Put the sensor in the wake-up mode again and send the “Configure Node Now” command from your Vera.
7. Once the device is configured (the LED indicator will stop blinking), restart your Vera.
Let me know if you find a shorter way to set it up or if I've missed something!